ExpandTheRoom (ETR) is currently seeking a Visual Designer to join our design team. The right candidate for this role will enjoy working at a fast-paced, medium-sized creative agency. We specialize in media, sports, and entertainment industries. If you value learning, collaboration, curiosity, continuous improvement, then ETR is the place for you.
This is a great career opportunity with amazing growth potential that exposes the right candidate to both best practices and innovation in design. The selected candidate for this role will work within an interdisciplinary community of visual designers, experience designers, developers, and producers to develop responsive web/application, mobile, and interactive experiences. We’re looking for someone who has a passion for designing intuitive digital experiences and who meets the following criteria:
- Endlessly curious, optimistic, and passionate about design
- Able to articulate your thought process and open to giving and receiving feedback.
- Eager to learn new skills and take on new challenges.
- A positive, thoughtful, and fun-to-be-around human being.
- Participate in every aspect of the design process, from listening, brainstorming, prototyping, and iterating.
- Design and execute responsive website mockups.
- Work within a range of client categories and visual styles.
- Collaborate with senior designers, developers, and producers to think through product features and translate abstract concepts into simple solutions.
- Work alongside and learn from a department of accomplished visual and experience designers.
- Experience designing responsive web products.
- A solid understanding of visual design fundamentals demonstrating by a portfolio ofdesigns demonstrating an understanding of: hierarchy, typography, color, imagery, and interactions.
- Knowledge of web trends and best practices. Working knowledge of Sketch and other design tools, like Adobe CC, InVision, and Keynote. Working knowledge of HTML & CSS is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent professional experience.
- A great attitude and lack of ego. Ability to work collaboratively.
- A desire to learn and share that knowledge.
- Cosiderate of clients’ needs, can develop warm client relationships.
- Empathy for the users of your designs and a desire to understand their unique perspectives.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
Health, dental, 401K with company matching, educational benefits, remote working, parental leave.
To be considered, please send your resume and portfolio to reid at expandtheroom.com
ExpandTheRoom (ETR) is seeking an Interactive Developer to join our expanding team. The ideal candidate has a passion for the latest web technologies and a keen eye for creative detail. The candidate will work closely with our design team, turning wireframes and comps into working websites and web applications while adhering to the project schedule and deadlines. The candidate will be able to write robust code that conforms to industry best practices and ETR’s coding style guidelines and standards. Candidates will work within a small team of passionate Interactive Developers looking to push the boundaries of what we can do in code.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Sass CSS preprocessor
- A fond curiosity for Meteor JS and React JS
- Understanding of OO design and principles – encapsulation, abstraction, polymorphism
- Experience with automation tools (Grunt, Gulp)
- Awareness of backend technologies (PHP, NodeJS etc.)
- Familiarity with WordPress and ACF plugin
- Experience with Git
- Ability to deliver high quality work
- Passion for staying current with emerging web technologies (you are subscribed to JS Weekly, HTML5 Weekly newsletters)
Does this describe you?:
- Passionate about technology and the industry
- A love for beautifully crafted user experiences and interfaces
- Interested in learning new languages/technologies and finding ways in which they can be integrated into our client work
- Patient and level headed with a solution oriented mindset
- Proficient written and verbal communicator
- Comfortable working with big brand clients and high-traffic websites
- Enjoys working with a team to invent creative, efficient solutions to various challenges
To be considered, please send your resume and portfolio.